Friday 23 August 2013

Use a module installed by another user

Use a module installed by another user

Ok so I'm running this python script on a remote machine and asks for
pyfits which is technically installed on the machine, but python doesn't
find it.
I've already tried adding the supposed directory it's installed in to my
paths(I have access to the folder too) by the sys.path.append('folder')
method. But it still doesn't find it.
here's some thought process to illustrate: the user who installed the
modules has all the source at /otheruser/code/pyfits so I've tried adding
that folder or any folder with 'pyfits' and an 'init' file (that I have
access to) in it, without success.
So my main questions are:
Should I be looking elsewhere for the module? Should I install the modules
again as --myuser? or should I mess with the site-packages? If so does one
add the module there?

No comments:

Post a Comment