Friday 30 August 2013

How to find videos using the YouTube API based on a channel ID

How to find videos using the YouTube API based on a channel ID

So I am playing around with the YouTube API v3 for a web app I am
building. I've got the basics down, but I am searching through
documentation trying to find a way to filter a returned video list based
on a channelID. However this doesn't seem to be possible. Is there way to
write a request similar to this pseudocode below:
https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/videos?part=snippet&
// and a second value that would imply with
channelID=UCn8zNIfYAQNdrFRrr8oibKw
This seems like a logical function to have in the API. However, I can't
seem to find any name/value pair in the documentation to support this
theory.
The closest I can seem to find is the onBehalfOfContentOwner name/value
pair for the video.list request (but it requires me to be the uploader of
the video?) as outlined here
Anyways if someone can answer definitively if this is possible (if yes a
link to docs or example I can use) as I've poured over docs looking for
this functionality with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment